1. Email your manuscript as an attachment.
2. Author identification and bio should be a separate attachment.
3. Pay $10.00 entry fee above.
4. Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Yorkshire Playhouse Playwriting Contest
After a successful first year, the Yorkshire Playhouse Playwriting Contest is back! The winner and runner-up scripts from our 2018 Contest will be performed in May of 2019. We’re excited to be partnering with two great local playwrights this year, and we look forward to seeing what the talented writer’s of Nebraska send us during our 2019 Contest!
Yorkshire Playwriting Contest Rules:
Up to two plays may be selected for presentation in the Spring of 2020.
The contest is open to any playwright in Nebraska.
1. Plays must be no more than 20-45 minutes in length.
2. Plays must be the original work of the author, and must not have been previously produced or published
3. Plays must follow the Dramatist Guild script format
4. Plays must be family friendly, no strong language please.
5. Plays must have small casts (2-6), and simple sets
6. Submission deadline: August 15, 2019.
7. Submissions may be paper or electronic.
8. An $10.00 entry fee for each play submitted will be collected.
9. Submissions should include a short author bio.
10. Entrants may submit up to three scripts. ($10.00 fee per script)
Submit Paper copies to:
Yorkshire Playhouse, Playwriting Contest
PO Box 413, York, Nebraska 68467
Enclose a check for $10.00 per script entered, made payable to Yorkshire Playhouse. Or submit payment electronically above.
If you would like your manuscript returned after judging, please include a self-addressed envelope of sufficient size with appropriate postage. We will NOT return manuscripts if this is not included.
April 22 – August 15, 2019. Plays will not be accepted after August 15 2019, 11:59PM CST.
We will notify the winners by email. Winners names and script titles will be posted by November 15, 2019 on our website: www.yorkshireplayhouse.com.
Winning scripts may be produced as a part of the 2020 Yorkshire Playhouse season and will receive $50.00 award for first place and $25.00 award for second place.